If you’re anything like me, you’re a highly sensitive person who tends to be really good at multi-tasking and getting a lot of things done every single day.
One of the biggest challenges for people who tend to be empathetic, highly sensitive, and introverted is that they tend to take on other people’s emotions, thoughts, feelings and experiences as their own as they go about their day.
When someone is really great at getting a lot of things done, and tends to have a lot of things on their list they’re often exposed to lots of people places and things that can feel intense, overwhelming, and even challenging.
If you think about how a sponge picks up water as it moves across a surface, you can better understand how sensitive people feel at the end of the day. Full, tired, and heavy…
Now, imagine doing that over and over again every day without clearing out that sponge.
Yep, if you’re imagining a sponge you wouldn’t want to use to clean anything, you’re on the right track.
This is what happens to people like yourself who are constantly going, going, going but that often don’t have the time or energy to clear out from everything that’s happening in and around them.
Over time some of the things that can show up for highly sensitive people include but aren’t limited to:
- Burn out
- Trouble Sleeping
- Brain Fog
- Low Energy
- Feeling of Heaviness (within and around you)
- Weight Gain
- Loss of Joy and or Happiness
- Feelings of being separated from Sense of Self
- Feeling like there is not enough time for the things that make you feel like "yourself"
- Feeling compartmentalized within your own life
- Feeling marginalized by the people in your life (Friends, Family, Colleagues)
- Sickness/Dis-ease in the body
Just like that sponge; the body, mind, and spirit need to be cleared on a regular basis so that you can maintain optimum health and wellness.
Below are 3 of the Main Reasons Energy Treatments are a Powerful Way to Support Highly Sensitive People
1. Always Helping Others, But Need Help For Yourself Too:
One of the biggest issues for highly sensitive people is that they’re hard wired to support, help, and intervene in people’s lives.
They often tend to be the “Go To Person” within their world; which leads them to having lots of people who come to them for extra support, guidance, and direct help.
They gladly help the people in their world every day.
However this person feels like they don’t have anyone to help or support them.
Most of the time, this is 100% true.
- Energy Treatments allow the helping person to receive direct help from a professional they trust so they can literally release all the stuff they’ve been carrying around for weeks, months, and in some cases even years.
- Energy treatments move that heaviness out of the body and mental space so that the person feels like themselves again.
- Many times, the person will literally look different when they leave than when they arrived because they let go of so much heaviness. Most people will also feel like they let go of a huge weight and that they feel back to their true self.
2. The Catch 22:
Most highly sensitive people have lots of things that they want to get done in their own lives but don’t have the energy to implement them by the time they’re finished with their day.
This can contribute to or create a deep sense of sadness, heaviness, and even loneliness.
Highly sensitive people are compelled to honor the ideas, inspiration, and calling of their hearts or inner knowing.
If this calling is placed onto the back burner for too long, challenges come up for these sensitive souls.
- Energy treatments can help to release that feeling of exhaustion and heaviness so there’s more energy and clarity to take guided action toward personal projects and passions.
- This creates a cyclical effect which leads to more joy, happiness, and life satisfaction.
3. Self Care/True Rest:
Because Highly Sensitive People tend to have a lot going on, they often report:
- Burning the candle at both ends
- High levels of stress
- Trouble sleeping
- Problems quieting their brain
- Never finishing everything on their lists
As you can imagine, this can lead to a lot of physical stress in the body as well as self induced pressure.
- Many of these folks report feeling like they are always playing “catch up” and feel bad about themselves because they are always chasing lists which never end.
- This can create a feeling of not being enough which creates more tension and stress.
Energy treatments allow the mind and the body to rest and get quiet so the sensitive person can experience true rest, relaxation, and respite.
- This true rest is what’s needed to help bring all the other pieces together allowing the sensitive person to feel renewed, relaxed, and more like themselves again.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms of being a highly sensitive person, you’re not alone nor are you imagining any of these things.
Your sensitivity is a gift to everyone but it's important to take good care of yourself so you can live the life that's right for you.
Please give yourself permission to reach out for some Direct Action for yourself in the form of an Energy Treatment if you're so inclined.
I’m wishing you a gentle day and just sending you a gentle reminder that yes, you’re worth it and you’re deserving of taking care of yourself too.
Would you like to become a Member of My Community?
You'll receive a Free Meditation MP3 plus a Special Price on a session.
Click Here to become a Member, now.